Gravitational pull - mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
This isn't really a case mod, so I'll post here.

If you read my server transformation thread in the OC forum, you will learn that I got this case:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Elite 100 RC-100-KKP3-GP Black Steel / Plastic MITX/MATX Slim Case Computer Case Flex ATX 150W, Active PFC Power Supply

It has an option for a wall mount. Me and my Dad thought maybe we could mount it to the underside of my desk. Well that proved difficult. As the desk is not solid wood.

As I see in pictures, it supposed to be like this:

fc8d5612544447a3bd80dd52da668ed9.jpg

Not with it's flat side landscape. If I have it this way:

IMG_0076.JPG

Overtime, won't that be pulling it down, causing it to "crash" one day?

If I could just get a few straps, or a stand for it, I think, overtime, that will be better.

Your opinions?

We tried it with simple wood screws, but now that we know it is not solid wood, that might be our answer. I'll show my dad that. He knows his way around a hardware store better than me.

4, definately. Now that I have my 3.5" HDD out of there, the thing is a lot lighter. :p

Edit: there are different sizes, correct? We need at least 1" clearance so my fan on top can suck some air in.

Is the desk particle board or is the inside actually hollow? IMO if it's particle board I wouldn't feel comfortable with anything short of running bolts completely through the desk, although that would hardly be an attractive option since the end of the bolts would stick out on the top of the desk.

Does the desk have either drawers or a cabinet where it would be possible to mount the pc to the side of the desk? That way you wouldn't be fighting gravity and you easily bolt it to the side without creating an eyesore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom