Graphics Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illnab1024

Baseband Member
Some Problem I cannot pinpoint

Well, my first problem was with a AGP card, geforce 5500 FX, and I took it out, but it didn't help.

The computer would freeze until I restarted, without responding in any way. The problem does seem to happen less often without the graphics card, but it still happens. The computer acts normally in every other way, just random freezing, usually in situations with more strain than normal on the cpu and gpu. Such as 3d games and complex mathematical equations. Now it is normally in high framerate 3d processing, but rarely it happens on word processors and such.

P.S. The AGP card is melted :confused:

P.P.S. My warranty ended 3 months ago. :mad:

P.P.P.S. I don't have the money to replace it:angry:

P.P.P.P.S. The DxDiag is too big to attach so here:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: n/a
System Model: Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz
Memory: 504MB RAM
Page File: 928MB used, 426MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: The file system.dll is missing! You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

age is catching up with it I know, but I can't even say this is a graphics problem...especially since i took out my fried geforce 5500 and the problem continued. I won't even play games anymore!

okay I am backing up important stuff. I love winRAR. 9 cds for important parts of my documents and settings

Possibly RAM going dead?

Starting to look like it. Was editing a 1024x768 image and it restarted (this time automatically)

My guess actually would be the ram. Especially if you have more then 1 stick of ram and they are non matching sets, or made by different companies. I had a similar problem with my desktop when i was trying to play games and i pulled my 3rd stick of ram which was the only one made by a different company and like magic everything worked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom