Graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatonator

Baseband Member
I have a problem with my graphics. I was playing Battlefield 1942 online and suddenly the graphics became very pixelated in some areas of the screen and also very glitchy. Attached is a screen shot of an example of this graphics problem that I ctook in a single player game of Battlefield 1942 (Notice the arm glitch, and the pixelated grass.) I tried another game, Guild Wars, and the same thing occured: pixelated parts. When I play videos through Windows Media Palyer, the videos play smoothly with no problems or glitches. I tried updating the driver for my graphics card (ATI Radeion 9700 Pro 128 MB), but there were no new drivers. I uninstalled the graphics card, restarted my computer, and automotically reinstalled it. The problem still exists. I proceeded to open up my computer and tighten the graphics card and blow off all of the dust. The problem still exists. Any ideas on what the problem is and how I might be able to solve it? Thank you very much.

I fixed the problem by going to the ATI website and downloading the latest drivers off the site. Stupid Windows driver updates are pointless. I guess i should've thought if doing this earlier, though. I f there is anywat we to delete this thread, please do so.

Heatonator said:
I fixed the problem by going to the ATI website and downloading the latest drivers off the site. Stupid Windows driver updates are pointless. I guess i should've thought if doing this earlier, though. I f there is anywat we to delete this thread, please do so.

I'm pretty sure windows doesn't update your graphics drivers, well not that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom