graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoes1

Beta member
Hi there everyone
I have just been recived an old emachines desktop- ( eMachines E4024, pentium 4, Intregated graphics card) the problem i'm faced with is when i turn the pc on it boots up etc but there is just no signal on the monitor , i've done all the basic's, cheching cables, different monitor etc. I haev found that if i unplug the computer from the mains and leave it for 12 hours or so i can then turn it on and i have a picture! The computer is fully fuctional aparts from i turn it off i haev to unplug it all and wait a long time to turn it back on, I have just tried to update the drivers... but after the restart im now waiting a few more hours till it turns on again
Would i be right in saying buying a PCI graphics card would solve this problem? I really dont want to spend on it, is there anything someone can suggest?
Or a PCI card thats worth buying thats cheap... aslong as the computer plays films and music i dont mind
Many thanks
Sion

Welcome to TF, shoes1! don't want to smell you, though! :lol:

No, it sounds like a PSU problem. It might be a capacitor on there that blew, that's why you have to reset the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom