Graphics problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta member
Ok so I have this eMachine and I'm not entirely sure whats wrong with it.
I do know that the mother board has been switched out.
It's a MPI.
Everything turns on drives,fans..
The keyboard doesn't turn on neither does the monitor.

Any ideas?

you can start by checking all the wire connections and all the hardware connections. (press down on ram sticks, video card if it has one, all the wires plugged in to motherboard from the psu, ect) be sure nothing is "loose"

if those are all good to go, then you may have a problem!

also, who switched out the motheboard?

it may not be compatible with the other hardware installed on it.

There all connected.
It's my friends computer.
He broke his other mobo so he got a new one.
It's worked before but they moved and it's just been sitting around and after they decide to use it again it's broke.
Well...no video anyway..

Have you tried a different monitor with it to rule out the monitor being bad? Or unhooked the cable between the computer and monitor and hooked it back up to make sure it has a good connection?

Also, unplug it and remove the battery from the motherboard for a few minutes to let the BIOS be reset (just in case it has become corrupted).

With the keyboard not working (I am guessing it is a PS2 keyboard- round plug), you can try using a USB keyboard. Windows won't boot if it does not detect a keyboard.

Hmmm.
I did the battery thing.
I'll try the monitor.
As for the keyboard that might be right because it is a ps2.
I have a mouse that USB and it works.

I also opened it up and looked where the computer turns on..You know the power cord to the mobo..it had some blue goey stuff on it.

See if you can find the source of that. You may have a blown capacitor on your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom