Graphics problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g3kk0

In Runtime
Ok I don't know what's wrong exactly. Of course, I don't know what else it would be other than the gfx card. It's a Nvidia 6 series card.
I told my friend I'd take a look at it for him.
I Googled some ideas but couldn't figure out what might be wrong with the card.
So, any ideas?

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

As always, I really appreciate the help.

Looks like dying VRAM to me. Either that, or it is massively overheating. Make sure the fans are spinning/not clogged on the card.

Looks like dying VRAM to me. Either that, or it is massively overheating. Make sure the fans are spinning/not clogged on the card.

That's the only thing I could find from google, maybe the vram.
I cleaned the fan and everything. It does this from boot, so it's gotta be internal.
I'll see what he has in his PC and we'll prolly just upgrade his vid card.
I got 2 gfx cards laying around but they're Radeon's and won't work with his mobo.

If anyone thinks it's not his gfx card or vram post your idea here please. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

I hope you're not implying that ATI won't work with his motherboard because the motherboard is nVidia.

Well I'm not really sure actually. I have 4 computers a my house right now. 1 is my gaming rig (in my sig), 1 is my parents (8 year old HP with fried HDD [idk what gfx card it has]), 1 is my old PC (Radeon something), and my friends PC (Nvidia Geforce 6 something).
My gaming rig and his 6 Series PC open their cases and the drive bays are on the right and the back of the PC is on my left.
It's the opposite for my parents old PC and my friends PC.
So I tried moving my Radeon, and my parents card, to my friends PC. But to do so I have to flip it upside-down and 180 degrees. And neither seem to fit in any of the slots on my friends mobo.
So I simply assumed it was because they are both Radeons and won't work with his mobo. Please enlighten me if I'm confused...

EDIT: Ok so I did some reading. hehe. From my research I found the two Radeon's I have are AGP, so I assume since they aren't compatible with his mobo he probably has PCI and/or PCIe ports. I'll look up his mobo and see what model it is, after I get back from school.

i used to have this problem

it happened when i installed coolbits on my 6600

it may have something to do with artifacting from overclocking or overheating

try taking the side of your cpu

and blow out any dust thats in your cpu, an air compresser would do the job

be sure to hold the fans tho

dust = cpu worst enemy

Yeah, there was some serious dust. I've begun to clean it but some dust is caked on and I'm debating the best way to remove it all... I'll prolly take it outside and use compressed air...

I'll let you know if that works...

To clean my stuff I just take out anything REALLY static-sensitive then use a vacuum cleaner (hoover, wa'eva). Honestly, TRY to kill your system using air. You CAN'T. IT DOSEN"T DIE!!11!!1 :)

my gforce 5500 did that to me a coulpe of years back, it ended up being the fan on it had stopped working. thus overheating.

it was not worth fixing so i just replaced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom