Graphics on my computer are messing up, tearing, etc (PICS OF PROBLEM TOO)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazykid122

Beta member
okay so i have a personally built computer. it worked fine for the LONGEST time, and then out of no where my graphics started to mess up, like in the pics imma post below, at this time i had my EVGA 8800gt. with my old motherboard and 15 inch e machines monitor. so i got this random thought, hey maybe its my monitor, BAM bought a new 22 inch one, problem is still there, then i was like well ****, maybe the graphics card, so i bought an MSI N430GT. Nope no solution, so then i thought it could be my PCI slot on my motherboard or something, so i bought a MSI 785GT-E63 motherboard. got it in, it works, and what do you know! still problems..... i even replaced the VGA cable from the card to the monitor, now i use a DVI cable, it goes from the DVI slot on the monitor to the DVI on the card. And when it would mess up, if id catch it in time, i could minimize the game and open it back up, all the tearing and everything would go away, but it would come back alittle bit later of course, followed by a computer crash. I also have had about 3 or 4 power supplys with this computer, i am now using a 600w.

Can anyone tell me whats going on? i have done multiple restores before to try and fix this, it has done no good.

Now i play World of Warcraft Mainly, i would play other games, like games on Steam if it wasnt for my graphics that would always mess up, so these screenshots are of WoW.

What its SUPPOSED to look like...
1. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
2. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
3. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

And when it messes up...
1. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
2. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
3. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Looks to me like you need to set it to run on a different core. If you have windowsxp you can do it through a right click on the .exe and set affinity. If you're not using xp, should be easy to find how to do it on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom