Graphics Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wchs07

Baseband Member
Having a problem with something in my new rig.

AMD Athalon 64 3800+ X2
2gig Corsair RAM
550W Antec PSU
Biostar nforce4 SLI Mobo
EVGA 7800GT PCI express 16x
Xp Pro

It seems while playing Everquest, that after about 30-45minutes of game play, everything runs smoothe. Then my graphics start to go choppy, and skip around a bit. I have played Quake4, which came with my video card, but i do not think it does this. Any help would be needed. I also downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia.

Is it overclocked? It might be a overheating problem and did you build it yourself or buy it stock?

Do you have any problems in your system with any other games, or programs?

Have you tried testing your VGA with a video testing program? Maybe 3Dmark or another program that you can use to hammer your system's video capabilities?

Make sure you have all the latest drivers, patches, and updates for windows and the game of course, but worse case senario try an older version of the VGA drivers.

Also you might check all the processes going on in the background when your game becomes unstable to see if something is conflicting with the game ops.

Just a start, hope this helps. :-?

do you have anything on in the video cards setup? if you are always running 16xAA and 8xAF the obviously the 3dmark will be lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom