Graphics in games problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
I already have plenty of games in my pc and in some games, I am experiencing unusual display problems. See the pictures below. Much more strange is, why is it that in other games (BF2, Halo, Rome TW, Quake 4 and CoD2) I do not have these problems. Very strange.

Swat 4 Loading
case1swat4yf3.jpg

Far Cry - is the color of the bottom of the sea like that?
case2farcryih1.jpg

Far Cry Shadow problems
case3farcryia5.jpg

Nice Menu Screen for Call Of Duty
case5codxq4.jpg

What might be the problem? Need help. I already have the updated drivers for my video card.

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9371 (English)

I also already have Windows XP with SP2.

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ S939
MSI K8N Neo4-F
2x512Mb Single Sided Corsair Valueselect in Dual-channel
160Gb Seagate SATA
Palit Geforce 6200 with TC 256Mb

The video card is low end but why is it that in the games I posted above, I play them with decent displays on my old FX5200. I presume GF6200 is new than FX5200.

Need your help. Thanks a lot.

I didn't overclocked it yet. It is in stock speed since I bought it..

I tried MrCoffee said but still same result. I currently downloading the driver that came from Palit's site. IF the result is the same, could the video card is damaged? I didnt OCed it just plain stock.

What makes it peculiar is, if its damaged, why is it that in other games, it displays properly?

Need more help please.THanks

I imagine its particular functions of the card that are causing the problem. not all games may use the same functions so some may seem to run OK, although you may not have the visual quality you should have.

It still might be driver incompatibility, downloading the Nvidia driver that the card manufacturer (plait) recommends as compatible is always a good second call. often when nvidia bring out new forceware drivers they inadvertantly nerf older graphics cards, so going back to a known good version can work wonders.

iF that doesn't work its time to suspect the card.

Have dowloaded the link for the driver in Palit's website. Conducted a cleanup of my current driver, then reinstalled it with the one I downloaded and....

Still the same..

Is all 6200 cards just like these that they cant render some of the graphics? Or its just a video card problem? One thing regarding Call Of Duty. As I posted above, you can only see the text only. When I click on New game, it doesnt load..

How bout this last resort? I format my entire hd all wipe out then install again the driver. If still the same, so its a video card issue and should be replaced? Hate to do that honestly. But I wanna find out.

And I just butt in this question. Which among these two cards is better? 7300Gt with DD3 or 7600Gs with faster clock? I plan to dump this card and get one of those two when I save up..

7600GS all the way, did you try running call of duty in direct 7 mode in its options menu? did you update all games to the latest patchs? are you using the latest version of direct x? and have you updated windows xp?

CoD in DX7 mode not yet..All DirectX version, driver version and windows Xp are up-to-date with latest drivers and patches.

Okay, this is gonna be harsh, but honest.

Those games are some pretty demanding games, and that card is just not up to the task. I suggest you shell out at least 100 bucks and pick up a 7300 card.

It should be able to run those games even on low settings and not crash like that. Iv seen a geforce mx 4400 run doom 3 sure it was at 640x480 but playable.

hence running COD2 in directx 7 mode should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom