Graphics driver issue (help needed)

TheLK7

Beta member
Hello everyone!

Here whats up: I recently built a computer and had a ram stick quit on me (Still using the other stick of the same ram).

Yesterday I replaced the mobo for a much better Asus one, so I reloaded Windows 7 onto the rig.

I installed all my drivers properly and the computer was working excellent! After a while Nvidia popped up saying graphics driver update version 310.90 so I installed the driver and went back on my game, within 2 minutes the game crashed (made a bunch of weird squares on the screen). Saying the driver had crashed.

After 5 crashes later I downgraded the driver to the original but the crashing stayed the same. Also *note* my fans really start to spin fast and loud when I start the game (not sure if that means anything, its always done that)

All I can think to do is reinstall Windows and not update the driver. If anyone's had this problem before or knows a way to stop this issue please help!!

Thanks ~TheLK

things to consider
what video card /vid req. does the game have?
have you tried using the legacy driver?
have you tried using one of the services that shut down all unneeded sys. processes while youre gaming?
what is your allocated ram are you currently running and if you know what type?

Sorry my computer skills knowledge is limited but I know how to build one thats about it. To answer your questions.

-The card is far better then the game requirement

-I'm not sure what a legacy driver is

-For the unneeded system processes, theres nothing else open and this is a fresh install of Windows 7

-My ram is 4gb's or corsair vengeance 2133mhz

After I re installed Windows, the graphics were strange with lines all over the desktop. I updated the graphics driver to 310.70 and it fixed that issue. But still when I open the game after about a minute the fans begin to spin loud on the graphics card and crashes with a baloon pop up saying "Graphics driver failed and successfully recovered. Kernnel Mode Failure" or something like that.

Okay so ive actually just tried something, I switched the game from full screen to windowed fullscreen and it seems to work fine. What controls the fullscreen stuff?

Back
Top Bottom