Graphics Card Users Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboFX55

In Runtime
This is for all you people that are plagued from random restarts and can not find the cure, the problem IS NOT HARDWARE!

I have been having a lot of problems with random restartshere in the past week, yesterday i got a hold of somebody that told me what the problems some graphics cards or more or less the drivers they are having. last night i went into the f8 screen right after a restartand disabled auto restart on failure, then i waited intill the next restart and instead it gave me the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH, from there it said that the nvidia drivers mainly "NF4.INF" was the cause of it, so i plugged in the error code into google and here is what i got.

STOP: 0x00000050 (0x8872A990, 0x00000001, 0x804F35D7, 0x00000000)
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON-PAGED_AREA
NOTE: The four parameters in this error message may vary according to the computer's configuration.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, start your computer in Safe mode, remove the display adapter, rename the .inf files that are associated with the display adapter drivers, restart your computer in Normal mode, and then update your display adapter drivers. The following steps describe this procedure in more detail: 1. Start Windows in Safe mode. To do so:a. Restart the computer, and then press F8 while the computer starts.
b. On the Windows Advanced Options Menu that appears, use the ARROW keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
c. Use the ARROW keys to select the operating system to start, and then press ENTER to start Windows XP in Safe mode.

2. In the message that states that Windows is running in Safe mode, click Yes.
3. Click Start, click Run, type msinfo32 in the Open box, and then click OK.
4. Under System Summary, expand Components, and then click Display.
5. In the right pane, note the information that corresponds to the INF File item, for example, Nv4.inf, Oem0.inf, or Atim128.inf.
6. Quit the System Information utility. ALSO MAKE SURE THAT THE FILE THAT IS IN THERE IS THE SAME AS THE ONE THE SYSTEM HAD WHEN BLUE SCREENED, If different use the one in the blue screen not the msinfo32.
7. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
8. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
9. Expand Display adapters, right-click the display adapter, and then click Uninstall.
10. Click OK.
11. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
12. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands, and then press ENTER after each line:
ren %systemroot%\inf\INF file name from Step 5.inf *inf.old
ren %systemroot%\inf\INF file name from Step 5.pnf *pnf.old
13. Close all open windows, and then restart the computer in the typical manner.
14. Log on to Windows by using an account that has administrative privileges, and then wait for Windows to detect new hardware.
15. When the Found New Hardware Wizard starts, click Cancel.

If you receive a stop error after you remove the updated display drivers, restart the computer and use the Last Known Good Configuration option. To do this, restart the computer, and then press the F8 key while the computer starts. On the Windows Advanced Options Menu that appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

If you receive a "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" message when Windows starts, restart the computer again. This error message does not recur.

Let me knoiw if this helps anybody!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom