Graphics Card Switching Troubleshooting - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 11-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Graphics Card Switching Troubleshooting

Hello everyone,
I currently have a AMD HD Radeon 5670 MSI Graphics card in my Desktop.
And I have a beautiful MSI Twin Frozr GTX 750ti just begging me to put her into my desktop.
I'm all for that Idea but I want to make sure I don't destroy my pride and joy (Desktop) By making a foolish rookie mistake.
How should I go about removing the drivers from my old GPU? Device Manager is the only one that seems to be an option because no drivers are apparent in my "Uninstall a Program" List.

After uninstalling those drivers, should I
- Turn off PC
-Take out GPU
- Put new GPU in
- Install new drivers
- Game on?
or what?

Snakeskull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker
Default Re: Graphics Card Switching Troubleshooting

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Instructions from page:
Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
More drivers can be selected for the same cleaning process.
After that, shut your system down, remove old GPU, install new GPU, boot system up, install new drivers. Would be a good idea to download the latest drivers for the card beforehand, since they're usually a decent sized installer. That way you don't have to wait for the download in a limited resolution or anything like that.
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote