Graphics card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

allthatufear

Beta member
Ok it all started when one day my Geforce FX5200 just up and died. So I went looking for a new card, I ended having a friend send me one for free. Its a FX 5700, so I put it in and all it did was the first screen when booting a computer with a card, the one where it says what kinda card it is and what-not. Then it goes to a black screen and thats it. I then tried my onboard, which works fine. My girlfriend gave me her ultra crappy MX420 and it works fine as well.

I was wondering if its my Power supply that can't handle it or what. I have added a few things the past few months (DVD burner, 1 Gig of memory & 60GB Hard drive) but i replaced my old 250W PSU with a 350W PSU. I talked to my friend and he said it worked fine the last time he used it and nothing was wrong as far as he knew. Just wondering if you guys have tips on what to check to see if it is my computer or if it is the card. Here is my computer specs...

Win XP SP2
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 1800 MHz (13.5 x 133) 2200+
Motherboard Name FIC AM35 (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8375 ProSavageDDR KM266
System Memory 2048 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
80 Gig & 60 Gig hard drives

I doubt it's the power supply. 350W is enough to run a computer of that power. Can you get into the BIOS screen with the FX5700?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom