Graphics card problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foREVer616uk

Solid State Member
Hi there i have the ASUS EAH6770/2DI/1GD5 AMD Radeon HD 6770 PCI-E Graphics Card - 1GB
its less the 2 weeks old and i keep getting intermitnet problems the screen will go grey and the computer will become non responsive.
at firts i thought that it could be over heating but i have the fan power set to 100% and all case fans are set to full power
2 intake 2 outtake.

The problem has been occuring mainly today its happend twice. both time was while i was playing facebook games (bingo blitz)
so nothing to graphic intensive.

i have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling. and the problem is still there i dont have another GFX card apart from the Onboard
but no VGA lead so cant plug into my monitor.

i made sure that everything in my rig is compatible

i have a 780W PSU

Phenom 9600b x4

4GB DDR2 800MHz

its only a micro atx board. it has PCI-E 2.1 x16

ive called the retailler who i purchased it from and they said it sounds like a faulty chip

but i would rather have a proffessional oppinion before i go ahead and return it

Please help as its urgent!!! :(

yur config is well. n d gme u were plyng on facebook dsnt need graphic card.
ths prblm is cmng due to improper insertion of grphc crd. try to unplug n plug it.
if it hpns again the chip is faulty. and when ur screen goes in another clr does some sort of sound comes if it is yes then ur ram nt inserted properly.
try to replace d grphc card if prob is nt slvd.:eek:

Your mobo has on-board graphics? Have you tried un-installing the driver for the on-board graphics?

no need of dat 2 can work.
on brd grphc crd drvrs r of othr fragmnts n extrnl is diff.
wrkng role same as nic card

@ dfc.sagar, type out all of your words or don't post. And if you tell one more person to not follow my advice you won't be around here very long.

I Had this problem with my newer rig.
Have you tried updating the drivers manually, or searching for them, sometimes automatic download do not give the correct one for your motherboard/Graphics.
I Downloaded 4 different versions from AMD before my card was truly compatable with my system, and even then i had trouble, and manually found patches.

What output are you using, to your monitor?

Another graphics card another problem!!

so as i said in my last post mt card mucked up replace it for a 5450 peice of cack i only seem to get the windows 7 basic apperance any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom