Graphics card problems (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyGun

Beta member
I have this weird problem with graphics, mostly while playing The Witcher and i also noticed it twice while playing The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion...
In The Witcher it happens mostly when I talk to an NPC. The graphics freeze (while audio continues, but sometime the audio freezes aswell), and when it unfreezes (takes 5-10 seconds) the graphics are messed up.
I took a few screen shots of what happens :

ImageShack - Hosting :: gfxbug2vx3.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: gfxbug1qi7.jpg

sometimes only small things change, like the eyes. sometimes everything changes but i can still see where im going, and sometimes i just dont see anything besides the floating text (that may messed up too). I need to enter a new area or load a game twice or so to fix everything. also if fixes by itself after about 10 minutes.

I have a pentium 4 3 GHZ, PX8500GT 256 GDDR2, 1024RAM ddr2 and the latest drivers.

My question is, what causes the problem, because if its the Graphics card then ill replace it.

also, sometimes when i play Call of duty 4 and ALT+TAB it (minimize), it may say that that graphics card stopped working properly and i need to save my work and restart the pc....

Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom