Graphics Card Problem? Any possible specifics? (Pictures included) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Talking Graphics Card Problem? Any possible specifics? (Pictures included)

So, I bought an Asus G50vt-x5 about half a year ago - graphics card being the 1g 9800m GS. I have a warranty on it (from a private computer place) for one year. I plan to take it in there and get his opinion, but just thought I'd stop by here first in the case that my problem is really just a minor issue (like updating a driver). The easiest way to explain my issue in words is as follows: There are purple lines everywhere, on my browser bar, after letters that I type, and any other possible location that can be thought of.

I have made a Photobucket album solely for this issue. Also, considering any Screen-shot I take on this computer comes out perfectly fine to all other viewers... I used my iPhone and the quality of the pictures is horrible. However, it demonstrates the point.

I thank you all for helping me out on this. Now the link to pictures of the issue...

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

P.S. If you need to know any statistics about the computer or a DxDiag let me know, I am just really looking for the possible problems, not necessarily the exact fixes as I can get my tech-guy to do so, if it's major.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
I don't overclock

Default Re: Graphics Card Problem? Any possible specifics? (Pictures included)

looks more like a screen problem to me, but what do i know?

Old 03-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

The only thing that's odd, is that it does not do this every time. I usually have to be on it for a few hours and as it heats up, it tends to show the symptoms. I'm going to see the computer guy today about it. So, if it's a screen issue there are probably no easy fixes?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Well, they can try it on a new monitor, and see if that is a possibility. They should be able to do load tests.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I took it to them and it turns out the graphics card is fried. They are having trouble getting another from their supplier but have given me a gaurantee that it will be resolved. Thanks for the feedback though!
Closed Thread