Graphics Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainmambo

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a real problem Im having with my system. Firstly, this problem is intermittent as in to say that it does not occur all the time. When I boot my system the graphics on the BIOS start up screen are warped...in fact there is even strange symbols amongst the start up text. After finally booting into windows 7 - if I try to begin any high graphic program the machine will crash and go to BSOD error. However, I can watch videos and browse the web for some time before this will inevitably will occur. I am thinking that either my graphics card is dead (Nvidia 8800 GTX)...but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to test this...

I do not want to buy a new graphics card to find out it was the motherboard for example!!.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Indie

Hey Indie!

That sounds very like your GFX card.

Would you happen to have onboard video, or perhaps another GFX card?

Unfortunately I don't have on-board graphics but I have done a little searching around on google (on my laptop) and there are lots off ppl with the same issues! Was such a good card as well I am sad to see it go!, i have just posted another thread about potential replacements for it - could you recommend me any? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom