Graphics card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

holman210

Solid State Member
Hi,

I bought a Geforce 6 6200 256mb DDR AGP graphics card for my pc. I have all the minimum system requirements according to the box.

I took out my old graphics card and put in the new one. When I start the pc it starts up like normal but the screen remains blank. the screen doesnt even recognise the pc is on, displaying "No signal"

I dont understand what it could be. I have a V266b motherboard and I have all the requirments. Can anyone shed some light or know any ideas I can try.

Thanks!

Does the hard drive light flash at all? If you're computer is booting up like normal, but you're getting a "No Display" message I would assume its a problem with your video card. Try replacing the video card, if it is intergrated video, try purchasing a cheap video card and popping it in there.

well if it does have an intergrated video on it, 1 you might have to disable it in the bios by putting the old card in and getting into the bios and disabling it and then try adding the new card, also try just reseating the card and that might even clear things up

I took it back and got another one and it works! I thought it was very rare for something like this to be faulty seeing that it goes through all sorts of tests before we get them! Thanks for ya help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom