Graphics Card Overheating - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2006, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Graphics Card Overheating

When I play cod2 and only cod2, my computer will freeze and replay a sound over and over, im sure you know what i mean, and i have to reboot, and it happens over and over, i tried rolling back my drivers, and it still happens. right now its idle 42 degrees celcious, and it always happens when im playing cod2, like during a match or a scrimmage and especially when im playing hard and really beating the **** outa my comp like playing it hard. lol im a e-athlete hahaha anyways. yeah its getting on my nervees and my teams, and i cant afford to keep crashing out, is this beacuse of overheating?

Amd3200 oced to 3.2ghz
1 gig of 400 mhz ram
XFX nvidia 6200 agp
Ultra :O 400 watt xconnect

Old 01-26-2006, 04:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

to me this doesn't really sound like an overheating issue, more like the system is struggling to keep up with the demands of the game and freezes because of that. Overheated cards cause streaks in the visuals of games or in other cases restart the system. I seriously doubt this is an issue of an overheating card.
Closed Thread