Graphics card not initializing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Poison

Beta member
Hi there, I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone with the expertise could help me.

I recently decided to upgrade my slave-powered PC with something a bit more modern. So i went ahead and bought:

OcUK Huntkey 550W PSU

Abit IP35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail

GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel Kit

Hitachi Deskstar 7K160 80GB ATA-133 8MB Cache - OEM (0Y30001)

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail

XClio A380Plus Twin Engine Gaming Case - Black (No PSU)

----
so Ok; all the parts arrived was excited etc etc.. Connected cables that seemed like they'd go in that slot, powered it on and.. the graphic card didnt switch on. so i switched the pc back off and back on again, watching the fan on the gfx card and it gave a lurch before dying again.

Its my first time upgrading fropm AGP to PCI-E and I've heard that the PCI-E cards have their own power connector, but i cannot locate anywhere on the card where you'd need to connect something to it, other than the pci-e slot.

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject and hope someone can help me out with this.

That card doesn't need a power connection from the PSU. Do you have another computer to try the card in? Do all the case fans spin up fine, and the CPU fan? I would suspect that the video card might be DOA.... or the PSU could have issues. Hard to tell unless you can try to test the card in another machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom