Graphics card issues - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2007, 12:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Graphics card issues

While in-game( I removed the video's)

This appeared rarely on my sreen

Is that also artifacting? I havn't been able to get into the game since I uninstalled all my codecs and re-installed fresh copies. All my other games that had issues are working now, save PoP.

The weird thing is, I click Play, it loads up, about to go in, back to desktop. No crash error, nothing. this happened the other night, but I was allowed to play soon after for some reason, but now it's just not working in general.

See, when I re-installed my codecs, I did see a message that could of been a proble "Randomfilter is broken, this could cause problems with your system, do you wish to un-install" and I did, and reinstalled the new codec and everything's running better. I just can't get into the game.

I checked out the video's outside of the game, and PRIOR to the codec update / removing the broken filter, the video's had a werid black blip every few seconds. The blip is now gone. I'm pretty sure if I could just get into the game, it might work, at least, I hope. I'm not exactly sure why the game won't open, but I'll read into it. Thanks for yer help.

Old 03-31-2007, 01:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well it did run fine ~ all the video's played and no crash's about 2 hours into the game. Well, then...I died and hit "Retry" BAM! crash, artifacts, no BSOD, but I did restart my comp, and now the game won't open again. Ugh. It appears to be a codec issue or a driver issue, as far as I can tell. Every other game is just dandy. The offical support for the game and it's forums are dead, no replies, and none has been on their board for days. I also went to fan-forums and no one has found out what the issue is, but it seems specific to this game... hmm.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Sadly, it was running completely fine now that I reset my OC, but it suggests possibly re-installing after I reset my clock to see if I have the issues, but I have less now that my CPU is back to normal..

Closed Thread