Graphics Card Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftfreddy

Beta member
I searched this but I couldn't find a thread about a specific question I have. .

I have had this graphics card for quite a while now and occasionally it makes weird squeeky/buzzing noises (hard to describe the sound). My computer case is slightly open at the back so i reached inside and found it to be quite hot (Rather than just checking my CPU/GPU temp xD). I suppose it is the fan as nVidia cards are known to be quite noisy.
Anyways, I bought a normal fan (one you use to call youself down) a 9 inch size one and I point it into the back of my computer to help cool down everything. The squeeking is a lot less frequent and sometimes never squeeks.

My question is:
Would it be safe for me to unplug my graphics card fan and just use this desktop fan pointed in the back?
(I think the answers quite simple but I just wanted to check as I don't want my computer to overheat and burn up xD)

No you shouldn't turn the cards fan off. It can still damage the card.

The buzzing sound usually comes from a buildup of dust inside the sleeve or bearing of the fan. You can try and clean it out with some distilled water. Just ensure the card is completely dry before putting it back into your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom