Graphics Card Causing BSOD - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Graphics Card Causing BSOD

The picture you indicated showed the clock missing, that mixed with the blue screen of death indicates to me that the computer is either having a software error or has a nasty virus.

I would first download and rune AVG anti virus (Free) and do a total scan of your computer. You might need to do this in safe mode.

Then I would scan and repair your registry fixing any errors that it comes up with.

Then the last thing I would suggest would be to repair windows with the original disk like Mak213 already indicated.

All of these should fix any software errors you might have.

If they all fail then I would restore your computer back to a date it was working or just wipe everything and do a clean install of windows.

I really do not think this is a graphics card issue.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

This is from a previous post I have edited and did not see another page on the thread

Well me installing that driver never worked at all. So I repaired Windows XP doing the method mak showed me and installed the updates back. Nothing has really changed. Unfortunately for me the ATI AMD website do not offer driver downloads from previous dates, only the new ones from what i have seen and looked for. So I will try to install using the CD-ROM I got with the computer for my graphics driver. Also I may try and check if the chord on the device is snuggled in good as well. I just don't understand it though, why would it do this to me. Any more ideas? I think Microsoft Framework may have something to do with this, but honestly not sure.

Anyways I have ran countless programs for viruses, used MSE for protection, and even ran Combofix a few times. I don't believe it is a virus because it says the dll file in the picture. I have also reformatted windows about 5 times since this problem has first occurred. I think I am just installing the driver wrong, but then again I honestly have no idea what is going on.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Grinch

Have you checked your voltage and tempertures? If not, download HWMonitor from and post up the results -.-

It is possible your card has just failed honestly, or some component has, though, I have a friend with the exact same problem, but an Nvidia based card.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

ATI Radeon HD 2400
TMPIN0 48C(value) 42C(min) 53C(max)

I am going to start using speed fan if that helps any, and I don't not believe it is a problem with the device itself because I would then be completely screwed and this has happened on and off over 4 years of problems, I first got my computer 8 months later it happened, I got my tech uncle to come fix it and he did temporarily. After that it hasn't happened until I personally reformatted myself due to a problem then 4 months later it started showing ect. ect.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
True Techie

I had the same BSOD message on two of my machines. I seem to have fixed my problem. Check it here:
BSOD After New Graphics Card

Closed Thread