Graphics Card Causing BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazypete3

Baseband Member
I took a picture of it here.

DSC06086.jpg picture by Crazypete3 - Photobucket

Can someone help me out find why my computer does this, it usually happen while I'm switching windows of my internet to a game i play vice&versa.

Here are is any info that may be helpful.

Operating System
MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz 43 °C
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
1.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0RY007 (Socket 775)
Graphics

Monitor
Name DELL S199WFP on ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
Current Resolution 1440x900 pixels
Work Resolution 1440x870 pixels
State enabled, primary, output devices support
Monitor Width 1440
Monitor Height 900
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 60 Hz
Device \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
GPU RV610
Device ID 1002-94C3
Subvendor Dell (1028)
Technology 65 nm
Die Size 82 nmІ
Transistors 181 M
Release Date 2007
DirectX Support 10.0
DirectX Shader Model 4.0
OpenGL Support 3.0
Bios Core Clock 525.00
Bios Mem Clock 500.00
Driver ati2mtag.sys
Driver version 6.14.10.7140
Temperature 56 °C
Core Voltage 1.100 V
BIOS Version 113-B16903-103
ROPs 4
Shaders 40 unified
Memory Type DDR2
Memory 256 MB
Bus Width 64 Bit
Pixel Fillrate 0.4 GPixels/s
Texture Fillrate 0.4 GTexels/s
Bandwidth 4.0 GB/s

Hard Drives
313GB Seagate ST3320620AS (SATA) 40 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N
MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
Audio
Webcam 500

That is a driver or hardware error of your graphic card. Try taking the graphic card out, and putting back in. To make sure it has a snug connection.

Does it have the latest drivers?

How new are your drivers?

It might be worth it to drop back a version. While the cards a decent card, its far from new.
WhaT seems to be happening is its getting buggered switchig from 2d to 3d clock speeds.

Yes this is a PCI-e, and I believe it is the drivers because I just downloaded a new update they put out there earlier and nothing has happened yet, BUT i still get this blue glitch look on my bar at the bottom (where start menu and time is) for a moment which means i still think there is something wrong. This is what it looks like. This picture was taken along time ago when this problem was ALOT worse but it still seems to have never fully gone away.

http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww268/Crazypete3/?action=view&current=Igotyou1.jpg

Dang it is now BSOD stop erroring more often since the new update. I am thinking about uninstalling my driver and using driver sweeper to delete every file of it and starting off new with a new updating driver or one from a while ago. I have a couple questions about it though.

-Every time i uninstall my driver is automatically installs it back in after i restart my computer, i turned off the driver signing and windows updates, why does it do this, and do you have any specific steps or tips that you want me to know when getting rid of a driver and getting a new one?

-If it is a windows issue, do you know a program or something that may help me out on fixing this? I ran Combofix last night, i don't know if that was to help out or not but it didn't unfortunatley =/

Hey I am now positive it is the graphics driver, but thanks mak for showing me that it may come in handy in the future. Anyways I uninstalled the driver and deleted every file that was left which was very difficult because i have to go into safe mode around 5 or 6 times to delete these files, I used fileassassin tool on AntiMalwarebytes a few times to help. When I uninstalled it, it ran on the defualt display or whatever you call it originally by windows. Usually the BSOD pops up when i'm on a game or im searching through the internet with another program running. But it always 100% happens when i click the text screen in Sony Vegas, so while i was in default display i clicked the text screen and it worked without no problems.

So now i am going to download a new version of the driver and if it doesn't work then ill try to repair windows. I think it was because I remember someone saying "There is no updating drivers, there is only uninstalling and installing drivers" which came in handy because I may have in the past downloaded a driver without uninstalling an old one. Which would of course mess things up for me. :wtf:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well me installing that driver never worked at all. So I repaired Windows XP doing the method mak showed me and installed the updates back. Nothing has really changed. Unfortunately for me the ATI AMD website do not offer driver downloads from previous dates, only the new ones from what i have seen and looked for. So I will try to install using the CD-ROM I got with the computer for my graphics driver. Also I may try and check if the chord on the device is snuggled in good as well. I just don't understand it though, why would it do this to me. Any more ideas? I think Microsoft Framework may have something to do with this, but honestly not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom