Graphics all messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
Hi all,
I was playing a game when suddenly the graphics were acting up. I thought it was just the game but after closing the game the problem remained. And even after reboot the problem remains. I have no idea what the problem is but the glitch shows up even at the beginning of starting up where u can press del to go to the bios and when u see the windows logo during loading. so i'm assuming it's my hardware?
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Ive got a 3.2 ghz pentium 4 with an ati radeon 9800 pro.

Not the drivers. That pic shows possible evidence of a failing graphics card GPU. Check the temperatures on your video card GPU. YOu may ned to pull the fan and clean the GPU and then apply some new termal paste. BTW make sure the fan is spining on that video card.

I've tried updating the driver but no dice. btw i didn't do anything before i got this glitch so i didn't think that was the problem. I'm gonna try cleaning the graphicscard.

the fan is spinning

Well, I've tried cleaning it. cleaned the heat sink and the gpu. smeared some arctic 5 on it and put it back together. the problem is still here although now it comes and goes, so I'm agreeing with you all that it probably is the videocard. So i take it that by just replacing the videocard all should be ok or might there also be some problems with for example the mobo?

This isn't really the top of the line computer anymore so i don't really want to pay that much for a new videocard. You guys got any suggestions on which card i should buy thats is as "powerfull" or more powerfull then ati radeon 9800 pro 128 mb that's around $100. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom