Graphical problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarion

Solid State Member
I've recently upgraded the power supply and gfx card of my computer and I've been noticing a rather annoying problem. My computer will sometimes go into a sort of standby mode and refuses to wake up again. This problem occurs randomly, sometimes shortly after starting the computer, sometimes after the computer has been on for some time. Anyone have any ideas?

What are your Specs?
What power supply & Graphics card did you buy?
Put the old power supply back in if it's still functional and test it out. Also the video card after you do the power supply.

Well the Video card (ATI X1650) won't work with the old generic power supply I removed, which is why I got a 450W power supply.

As for the other system specs, Celeron 2.8GHz, 1.5Gb RAM, Win XP. The motherboard is fairly old, so the gfx card is AGP.

Can you provide a link to the PSU you bought?

While wattage is important, the rails are the real determining factor. If the rails are not sufficient, the card could be kicking the computer into the freezes by hogging the juice.

Thermaltake 430 watt is an ok psu (i use it)

Make sure that standby mode is turned off and no settings have been changed with your new card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom