Graphic Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve567

Beta member
Hi,
Well im recently having problems to do with graphics, I'm not sure what the problem is or if it can be fixed so got a question with some images of the error to share, and hopefully someone is nice enough and knows the problem :)

This error tends to happen like once maybe twice a day in total, The graphics just go a kind of fussy as posted in the image.

messup.jpg

To fix this problem all it requires is a computer reboot and its abck to normal, Upon rebooting i got this message which is displayed below.

gfxmessage.jpg

I'm thinking i may need a bigger Power supply maybe?

I'm running:
Athlon 64 3200+
2GB Corsair TwinX 4x 512mb
6800 GS PCI-E

Recently i had added a G15 to my machine and had 1GB (2x 512mb Corsair twinX) and upped it to 2GB - exacty same stuff. This is all i can think of for now, Hope someone can reply with some answers,
Thanks in advance,

Hmm 350 is pushing it a bit. if you definately have all the power connectors attached (both to the graphics card and mobo) then you need to replace your PSU with a higher power one.
I'll see if I can fish out some sort of wattage guide.

Edit:

This link is in one of the stickies

Ah thanks for that, I did that power reccomendation and it reccomends at least 326 Watts power supply(no PCI-E so used the 6800 GT AGP), And yea all the cords of the PSU are connected.

So from that you think the problem i am getting is to do with lack of power from my PSU? If so do you have any reccomend Wattage to reccomend i purchase?

Thanks,

I would of thought 450W or more would be a good idea, that way your covered for more upgrades. Personally I'd get a 500W or 550W PSU, though some may say thats overkill...
Myself I have a SCSI array and enough fans to fly a plane so that bumps up the consumption a bit + overclock..

not to insult your intelegents or anything... but you do have the psu pluged into the gfx card right?

7qL48491.jpg

Yes i double checked and triple checked and everything is connect fine, and thats about the PSU ill have to price 1 up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom