Graphic Card Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acuto

Solid State Member
I accendtly dropped something off the top of the computer which made the cable (Which connects to the plug (Don't know what it's called >_<) come out, so I rebooted and the light on the monitor still stayed orange, so I put the cable from the monitor to the onboard slot, and it still didn't come on. So I turned my computer off and took out the graphic card then tunred my computer back on and the monitor came on. Is my graphic card broke?

(It's a Geforce 6200 AGP if that helps.

take it out and boot up the machine... do you hear any beeping?

This may be a stupid question but... Was the power cable out of the machine when you took the card out?

I doubt that you broke the video card by hitting the cable on the outside of the case. Seat it back in and try again, maybe it just got jarred a bit and wasn't making full contact.

Tried the video card in another computer for kicks?

Is anything visibly damaged on the card?

I don't think there's a molex connector on a 6200 but if there is then make sure that's in (power connector).

Also try blowing out the AGP slot with canned air, AGP slots can be finicky if there's dirt in there.

Sorry for not posting in awhile, I've been really busy. Anyway, I'm just wondering if there's anyway to see if the AGP slot is fried? I've looked in the only shop which sells 2nd hand graphic cards and they didn't have any, and I don't want to buy a new graphic card since if it is the slot I would of just wasted money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom