Graphic card problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
My graphic card overheats when I am intesly playing games. I have a hardware temperature monitor and one sensor is inserted between the heatsink and the processor. Today it keep beeping because the temperature reached over 75 C. So I figured I would apply some new temp. paste. So I took it all appart and now the screen is blank. Also for some reason the sensor is not noticing any temperature either. It stays there at 0.0 C. That is imposible.

Also do you think I should spend 200 euros on heatsinks, fans, and other computer accesories to quiet down and cool the pc?

lyecdevf said:
So I figured I would apply some new temp. paste. So I took it all appart and now the screen is blank.
-Make sure you assembled it correctly. If you're not sure, take it apart again and put it back together very carefully. You probably missed something in between.
-Check that the power cable (if there is any connected to the GPU) is secured and connected properly.
-Reseat the video card. Maybe it's not sitting well.

The temperature sensor could be faulty. Have you tried it anywhere else? Or just between the heatsink and processor?

If your graphic card is constantly overheating you can do either of the following:
-Get an aftermarket cooler for the graphic card.
-Increase airflow in the case, especially towards the GPU.
-Lower the ambient temperature in the room.
-Clean the dust out of your PC and/or video card.

I got it working now. I had to open it up again and put it all back together. After the new temp paste it is much cooler now. It originally came with a very tiny bit so I think that was the problem.

Always good to hear. Usually they put too much paste. But at least everything is fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom