Graphic card/motherboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitwep

Beta member
Hey there :)

I recently bought an AGP x8 motherboard (Asrock K8Upgrade-NF3) with and AMD 3000+ CPU for a friend. When I first wanted to fire up the PC, I had an ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128 MB, the screen wouldn't come on. I tried a couple of times and still nothing appeared on the screen. So then I decide on fetching my 32 MB nVidia card (don't know how I still have it) and stick it in, it works.

I install windows and all the drivers for the motherboard. After this I assumed that it was my ATI card which wasn't working anymore so the next day I took my friend's nVidia FX 5700 Ultra 256 MB (which normally works on his pc) and stuck it in, nothing on the screen. So put back the good old 32 MB card and check if there is anything I can do in the BIOS. So I go into "Chipset Configuration" and change a couple of things there and stick in the 5700 again.

It seems to work now, windows boots and I proceed by installing the correct drivers. Then I restart the computer and the BIOS and POST and everything is distorted and colored, red, blue, green pixels all over and I can barely read what it says, and from then on I never got it to work again so I had to stick in my 32 MB card again. And that was it.

But now, there are a few things in the BIOS chipset configuration that I have no idea about. Here they are:

AGP DATA RATE
AGP APERTURE SIZE
AGP FAST WRITE
AGP SIDEBAND ADDRESS
PRIMARY GRAPHICS ADAPTER

Could you please help me this, thanks, and here is the link to the motherboard manual: http://www.asrock.com/manual/K8Upgrade-VM800.pdf

Good day.

hmm...wat u change at ur bios?? and for ur information...i think the AGP aperture size is the memory tat ur graphic card has and also the meanory u wan to use so dun change anthing...and the AGP write fast u should enable it to speed up ur works...the DATA rate also dun chnage it...AND also the Primary graphic adapter if can change to AGP not PCI...if not u can't anything cuz as u just said tat ur screen colour is distorted, u may clear cmos to overcome this problems...just take out the batties of ur motherboard and wait for 10min and it will auto clear ur cmos...if it works, change ur setting as i said, if u change ur setting as wat i said but i still got this kind of problems, go and clear ur cmos again...tat all i can help u

THX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom