Graphic Card Issue - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Graphic Card Issue

Hi Guys

Here's the problem... I bought a new desk and obviously unplugged the PC and such to move it out of the way. Now that I have it all plugged back up again, the graphic card does not function...

I have tried removing the graphics card and reinserting it. Still nothing. I uninstalled the drivers and now that I have attempted to reinstall them I get a message saying that it cannot find any compatible hardware...

...The monitor will function with the on-board VGA output.

I have a EVGA GeForce 210 (1GB, DDR3) in a Acer Aspire XC600 running Windows 8.1.

Any advice?

Thanks
Josh

Josh Railton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Graphic Card Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Railton View Post
Hi Guys

I have tried removing the graphics card and reinserting it. Still nothing. I uninstalled the drivers and now that I have attempted to reinstall them I get a message saying that it cannot find any compatible hardware...

I have a EVGA GeForce 210 (1GB, DDR3) in a Acer Aspire XC600 running Windows 8.1.
Test your gpu in another system and confirm that it turns on upon boot and can initialize the monitor to turn on at startup.
If that works go back to your computer bios setup switch graphics option to pci-e graphics card,
Save rhe settings and reboot post back your results.

-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
The strange one

Default Re: Graphic Card Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Railton View Post
Hi Guys

Here's the problem... I bought a new desk and obviously unplugged the PC and such to move it out of the way. Now that I have it all plugged back up again, the graphic card does not function...

Any advice?

Thanks
Josh
If your video card has more than one output have you tried both ports?
iParanormalx is offline   Reply With Quote