Graphic Card help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Graphic Card help

Ok, heres the problem yesterday I was in the middle of playing WoW when I got an error with my Video Card drivers while using Vista, it says it failed to fix the problem my monitor shut off. I rebooted couldn't load into Windows normally the screen was all messed up, and wouldnt let me in windows at all. I could get in Safe mode, i reinsalled and uninstalled drivers to no avail. So then I decided to reformat and also i cleaned out my Video card / PC with dust cleaner. It did the reformat and didnt work until after I cleaned out my pc , then it did load into windows and everything was fine until i decided to try and load WoW today it crashed and is doing the same thing. Im also getting a BSOD about Display drivers not being able to repair and timeing out something to that effect? Can't really read it all that fast. Im typing this from safe mode w/ networking. Also, im trying to reinstall the newest drivers and its not letting me like it says it cant use those for my Video Card, as I was just using the default ones after reformat.

MY pc specs - AMD 5000+
2gb RAM

Old 07-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ninja Stargate Addict
Send a message via MSN to Da Viksta
Default Re: Graphic Card help

sounds like your graphics card is dying, and maybe a replacement or an RMA is the only recourse...

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.4GHz
Motherboard: Foxconn Blackops X48
Memory: 8GB DDR3 (1361MHz)
Graphics: ATI 5850 1GB GDDR5
Hard Drives: 1 x 500GB, 1 x 1TB
Case: Antec 900
Old 07-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I might try buying a new card what would you recommend for 100-120$?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
I can't brain today

9600GT for that price
Closed Thread