Graphic Acceleration Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravesent

Solid State Member
Problem:
Every time I start an application that uses Direct 3D or OpenGL it works a bit then freezes, if I'm very patient the application will come out of the freeze but resume it short after, this occurs indiferent of how demanding the game is, older or newer it acts the same.

History:
I recently switched from a Daytona G4 ti 4200 to a Leadtek WinFast A170 DDR (an mx440) because the 4200 broke (fan was working but some components far from it overheated).
When installing the WinFast A170 DDR I didn't format windows, I just reinstalled nVidias latest drivers, unhappy with the performance I decided to install Leadtek's drivers wich indeed gave me amasing performance but after a week or so I began to experience these serious freezes, very rarely WoW used to freeze somewhat similar to this with the 4200 but it could be a completly different problem.

Troublehooting so far:
I installed everything from the oldest detonators supporting mx440 to the latest forceweare drivers, the only thing that changes is the freeze duration and rate of occurance.
Someone suggested the system memory so having 2 memory modules I experiemnted with them ussing only one at a time in a diferent slot, no matter what the combination I got the same result.. problem persists, I also played with the ram frequency to see if it makes a difference but it doesn't.

Current status:
Heeeeeeeeeeeelp!

System:
AMD Sempron 2300+
Asus A7V880 MB
2 X 256 DDR 400 Kingmax RAM
Leadtek WinFast A170 DDR
Segate baracuda 80gb sata hdd
Quantum fireball 15gb ata hdd
Windows XP SP2

Try to find a program out there to test your video card temps. And also check your CPU temps in bios after it freezes. How long will it work before it freezes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom