GPU still having problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay... i know i've posted this before but that was in the wrong topic.. my xfx 7900 gt is crapping out on me.... the idle temps have risen from 38 to 51.... and not only that, my fps in games has halved... my average fps in the css stress test used to be 186... that has now dropped to about 80.... which is HORRIBLE!! my 6800 gs put out more than that.. and now when i play on a server with 30-40 people my fps can get as low as 15 fps.. what is going on?!?!

oh and i forgot to mention.. all this started happening around the time of when i installed my new psu and case fan

okay.. some reason i ran 3dmark05 okay and got a 9099... yet i played cs again.. stress test got a 174... then i actually played the game and my average went down to 15 while playing!!!! and then i redid the stress test after playing and was only get 60 fps... and all the shading and lighting disappeared!!! what is going on... is it just cs?!?!??! i'll have to try fear....

okay.. after trying to play... AGAIN... it was running fine.. but after about 10 min of game play.. my frames literally halved from 80 to 40.. and did not go back up.. and stayed that way, i exited quickly to find my temps are still at 53 degrees.. what is going on

okay.. still no response.. great... anywho, i tried putting in my old 20 amp psu back in and the 7900 works like normal... so i bought a defective psu i guess..... well i'll try to play around with that, hopefully i get it work right... i'll update on that

well... after 2 hours of work.. i think i have figured it out myself... i've never really used dual rail psu's so.. i'm gonna take a shot at this one... correct me if i'm wrong... i had everything hooked up to one line pretty much.. so i'm assuming i might have had too much going for just 1 rail.. so i hooked it up on both cables in hopes of it working.. and BAM... it did, my fps hardly drops below 80 in cs now.... thanks for your help!! oh your welcome! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom