GPU Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHopsky

In Runtime
Ive had a eVGA 7800GT for about a year now and havent had many problems. I played HL2, BF2, Oblivion, etc with no graphic problems. A month ago I got Splinter Cell: Double Agent, which when I play has horrible texture problems, flashing of bright colors, etc. I started playing RS: Vegas today and when just starting to play it, everything is fine but the longer I play the more problems arise. After about 10 minutes of play, black squares and bright colors flash around the screen, then after about 20 minutes, the game will freeze for like 10 seconds and then go back, then freeze. Eventually it get's so bad I can't play anymore. A few times the game will freeze and spuratic squares of all sorts of colors will flash all around the screen. Once I restart my computer or let it sit for awhile, I can play the game again for awhile and everything is fine... 20 minutes later and the problems arise. Shortly after I quit the game, I opened up the demo for FreakOut (a skiing game which isnt too graphically demanding), that too started to freeze and also did the crazy texture thing. It hadnt ever done that before today. I checked my GPU temp's and right after I quit RS: Vegas and they are around 90-100C which is a little high... now that it's sat for awhile its at 65C.

I have latest drivers and fairly decent machine. Anyone know what the **** is going on?

Thanks.

It's over heating. The bright colors and squares you speak of are called artifacts, cause by the GPU over heating.

Time for a new cooler before you damage the card.

CrazeD said:
It's over heating. The bright colors and squares you speak of are called artifacts, cause by the GPU over heating.

Time for a new cooler before you damage the card.

Indeed, you're quite right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom