gpu post beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

fchavis

Solid State Member
I just replaced my mother board, hooked everything up and and it gave me the <long short short> code. For a phoenix-award bios that means graphics card right? I then figured that whatever killed my old motherboard took my card with it, so I replaced that with a shiny new one, but I still get the same post code. Any ideas? All the fans are going (including the one on the gpu), but my moitor gets no signal and my computer hangs in post. Did I get a busted board, or just forget to hook something up right? Thanks for your help,

-Jon

Does your video card have the extra power connector (be it PCI-e or a standard molex)? Make sure that's plugged in if you have it.

pci-e power input

yup, thats plugged in. though that is the only additional plug that I have connected, some cards need two? but I only see the one.

current specs:

asus a8n5x motherboard (new)
nividia 7900 (new)
4 gig corsair ram
amd 4400
trupower 550 watt power supply
and a sata WD hard drive

you may want to check the following:

1. RAM
2. Power Supply, make sure it fits the requirement of your video card.

Only your RAM and Video Card can make your system give a beep. and oh, if your system beeps, i think your mobo is fine.

power requirements

I'll pick up a bit of ram tomorrow to test, but as for the power supply, 550W should be enough right? I mean, its not even running windows yet, how much power does it need?

thanks everyone for you help, i hope its the ram, because otherwise, i've got nothing.

-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom