GPU - Nvidia problems

photosbylawrie

Beta member
Hi everyone, this year I went and bought a Lenovo PC from PC World, I straight away upgraded the Graphics card to a Nvidia Ge Force GTX550 TI, it was a pricey card and at first it all seemed good, was playing flight simulator X with no issues, this week I bought Arma 2 and all im noticing when playing the game is a loud graphics card, sounds like the fan is going full power, so im in a dilema, should I buy a new graphics card, or is their something I can do with the one ive got? I mean its working but am assuming because its not high end and price costly if the reaso itr was cheaper was because of the noise? Im a noob when it comes to hardware, I assume PC World installed the GPU and ran software, what else is their i can do before more outlay on a new card ? Thanks in advance.

There is also a free program called Rivatuner that lets you control your graphics card. But you need to read up on it after you get it and make sure you don't do anything to damage your card. I have used this program for years.

Back
Top Bottom