GPU Fan Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,
Well I was looking at my temps and I saw 57c idle for my card, and it usually idles around 47 so i put my hand behind the fan tunnel and nothing. I tried RivaTuner to up the fan speed and it not moving. End of story fan is dead, so because I don't want to RMA it it'll take days to get back and I need my PC , iv'e decided to get an Accelero Rev 2 , thats the only cooler the local shop has its cheap and cools. Only problem that I have is , I'm kinda scarred of rippiing apart the stock Heatsink , but ill get over it.

What are the steps/tweks for installing it ?

Thanks,
Preacher

I am sure that the new one has instructions included to do this. I know when i did it with my 6800 to install my NV Silencer there was. ;)

If not i am sure there is instruction on line on how to do it as well. Each GPU/Fan combo is different.

There is , I checked on AC's site.

Got the Cooler with a 2x80mm fans that attach to it. I'll be installing it on monday. Until then no TF2 for me (which I can't anyways because of school).

I installed the AC couldn't wait ! And temps are 39c-41c idle. I connected the fans to a 3pin mobo slot , does that mean they are full speed always ?

Nope , I think it's been read as a case fan. When I connected my Zalman same thing 3pin straight to the mobo , it works 100% fan speed , I think it's the same with this. It's just 2 80mm fans on the heatsink of the GPU.

Alright , downloaded the newest SpeedFan it reads it , they are running at 1507rpm. Should I change the rpm's and stuff , I really don't know because they run really quiet.... Tell me what you think guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom