gpu fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

welsh

In Runtime
hey, my gpu fan graphics start really started to sound weird just now, it sounded like it was dieing or hiting something majorily. i unplugged the fan so in know its that fan. how bad is it to be running with the gpu fan unplugged? and what temp is to hot for it. im running a 7300gt.

umm generaly I believe its not good to run without a fan :eek: I dont know what dangerous temps are for nvidia cards. I know some ati cards can get up to like 80 degrees and their stable. But still I recomend you plug that sucker back in. You could always replace it with a different one (the fan).

just try to clean out the fan and keep it running.

speaking from personal experience with my 6800GT once my temps start to go from 90-110C I get artifact problems that's on full load. I have carried on playing games even when I get the nvidia temp warning pop ups and I had no trouble and that's exceeding 110C I think lol So these graphics cards can take some punishment.

Idle I normally get from 70-80C Although my graphics cards on its way out so replacing it soon.

well, the card is still under warrenty and its from a local shop so ill get an exchange on it cause the sound of it is really annoying and is louder than all my other fans put together. Really clicky sound like its hitting something and it sounds like its slowed down alot. If the new one does the same ill just mount an 80mm fan on top of the existing one which will probally cool it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom