GPU Core Clock Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Its better to have a higher clock speed right ... like 6** is better than like 527... or ??? Because I've been looking at 8600gt's and some are higher some are lower i didnt know whether to go evga 8600gt or XFX 8600gt XXX edition.. cuz of the higher core speed.

I see, how do I tell if its stable or not? I don't know which one to buy... I've always heard eVGA is amazing but it doesn't have many reviews on tigerdirect to where the XFX one has a higher core speed and a lot of reviews all 5 star rated.

EVGA is the best! Excellent customer service, wonderful Warranty offerings, and a great Step-Up program.

Well one way to check if the VGA is stable or not, is to download ATi Tool. Yes, it's called an ATi Tool, but you can use both for nVidia and ATi graphics. You run an Artifact Scan. Artifacts are those little specs of things floating around on the monitor. If you have some Artifacts while running the scan, then that means your GPU isn't stable.

Why not just get the non overclocked version, and overclock it yourself, with ATI Tool.

Your sig might be too big by the way. I believe you're allowed a graphic and 8 lines of text. You have 10.

is that what everyone uses to overclock? ATI Tool? where to I download and is there a noob tutorial on how to do it I've never done it and don't want to fry my crap... help would be appreciated ill get the non oc'ed edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom