Got the computer, doesn't run =[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptkitty

Baseband Member
So I got all the parts, hooked everything up and when i hit the power button everything comes to life. The video card fan spins, the PSU fan spins and the cpu fan spins everything spins, how ever nothing comes up on the display. I've taken the motherboard out and placed it on a card board box and only plugged in the video card and cpu. Still nothing comes on, i've tried different ram combination in the different slots. Still nothing comes up, I tried a different video card and still nothing.

No nothing beeps at all, it sounds like it's starting normal, just nothing comes up on the monitor.

Can you test it with another PSU. I had this sort of thing happen with one computer, all the fans would go, but no motherboard activity.

What makes you think it's the PSU? THe power supply and everything lights up. Can you test a pc with no processor in it? Like boot to the bios?

Is the diagnostic speaker the one that says speaker and has a battery in it? I have the processor in it, and the psu is plugged into the wall, 24 pin into the motherboard and 2 4 pins into another part of the motherboard. Also I have the motherboard plugged into the Video card.

PSU's can still run as normal, but not have enough power to run the video.

edit:

did you plug the power cord (normally 6-pin) into your video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom