good morning - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default good morning

OK i have a wireless setup in my house i have a hp printer can i print to it wirelessly? how do i do that? please tell me i do not have to buy anything?

thank you and god bless

Old 04-23-2006, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Yes you can print wirelessly. Go to Start - printers and faxes, then right click on the printer you want to share and then select properties. On the next box that opens click sharing. You now 2 options either using the network set up wizard or doing it without. Decide which one you want to use and follow the instructions and you should be printing wirelessly in no time.

Life is too important to be taken seriously - Oscar Wilde
Old 04-23-2006, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

I'm confused i understand everything but this

You now 2 options either using the network set up wizard or doing it without. Decide which one you want to use and follow the instructions
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it\'s an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

You can run it to the network through a PC (PC must be on) or you can purchase a print server to run it by itself on the network.

You can turn printer sharing on and then install the drivers from the first PC to the others.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Right click the printer and pick Sharing. Share the printer with whatver name you want. On the second computer browse the network to your computer with the shared printer. Double click the printer icon and it will install the drivers on the second computer.
Closed Thread