GOD HELP ME! is my monitor broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavich

Baseband Member
i am am panicking now because i think, my MSi gaming laptop just got ruined!

It was working perfectly half an hour ago. when i got back from work, turned on the laptop, but nothing showed up on the screen, i tried it several times and noticed that there is a very dark almost impossible to see image on the screen of what is supposed to be on the screen. i am typing this message using an external monitor meaning its the monitor that is screwed up. I have never seen anything like this before. and i do not know what caused this. at first i thought i was the very cold weather (i walked from work home, took me 25 minutes in -5 c) But the laptop was in a backpack, which should keep it warm. and i carried it to school and work many times in a much colder weather, I doubt that its the cold weather. Anyone know what could have caused this?

did you have a lot of stuff packed in your bag? maybe the liquid crystals got extremely smooshed.

no it was empty

in bright light i can barely see enough on te monitor to be able to see anythig.

how could the actual crystal get smooshed?

My guess of what happened is the backlight is broken. there is no way to fix that is there?

slavich said:
i am am panicking now because i think, my MSi gaming laptop just got ruined!

It was working perfectly half an hour ago. when i got back from work, turned on the laptop, but nothing showed up on the screen, i tried it several times and noticed that there is a very dark almost impossible to see image on the screen of what is supposed to be on the screen. i am typing this message using an external monitor meaning its the monitor that is screwed up. I have never seen anything like this before. and i do not know what caused this. at first i thought i was the very cold weather (i walked from work home, took me 25 minutes in -5 c) But the laptop was in a backpack, which should keep it warm. and i carried it to school and work many times in a much colder weather, I doubt that its the cold weather. Anyone know what could have caused this?

RMA it. Sucks if you didn't keep the required paperwork.

The labtop I am using now: the screen got screwed up the second day I had it. RMAed to IBM (Lenovo) got it back two days later. No money spent. Not even shipping.

is there a place where they sell laptop parts, I was first thinking of buying a barebone laptop, but thats too expensive

all i need is a monitor compatable with my ms-1029

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom