Gigabyte P35 Mobo issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarple

Beta member
I purchased a Gigabyte P35-DS3L, the setup worked perfectly and now the computer will not post, any suggestions? I have already tried jumping the mobo, and pulling the system battery to no avail, I have also changed out the RAM and still no luck. The fans and LED's will start for a split second and then shut off.. Help???

Toast! Bad caps or a bad bios eprom maybe failed chipset! I ran into that with the first board here that simply would not fire up after the first 3 days of use. "RMA Time" was the word then. The lights ,fans saw 2-3 seconds and then....

Wrong section. There is a hardware troubleshooting section for things like this.

Moved.

I had a similar issue to this with my 680i. Try holding down the power button until it fully powers on. If that works, then its likely the board is dying. I doubt its bad caps, as the ds3 uses solid caps. Most likely its just a bad memory controller or north bridge.

Solid state as well as liquid caps can be found defective if a bad batch got out from the manufacturer. Anything produced in large numbers will see defects at times since it virtually impossible to prevent. That's why there's warranties and return polices for the headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom