Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3P Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZ-Disciple

Baseband Member
Hello, I just bought a DS3P mobo and have it installed now. But I can't seem to get the USB Drivers for the board. I can have my mouse and keyboard on PS2, but the USB is not functional. Evertime I try to install it it asks me for the usbehci.sys file which seems to be non-existant. I can't find anytrhing on the Gigabyte site nor from Google really. Does anyone know about this issue and how to fix it?

Cheers.

Will those work for XP Pro? I saw this file as well... but worried it may harm the system. I don't know enough about this stuff to just download a file and install everything with a smile.

people have said it works for xp, i personally dont know. the worst that could happen is it doesnt work, in which case it doesnt work now so there really isnt a harm. its worth a shot, its not going to blow your system up. if they dont work, just delete them.

Well all the USB is up and running so the device manager says, but the ports around the back still do not work. When I plu my mouse and KB in the side USB ports the KB and mouse work and are recognized. I don't even get the power light on the KB when I plug it in the rear ports. Once when I took out the mouse from the side I got a popup window saying something like the voltage has exceeded the usb hubs limit and to reset or close. Very confused and worried half my board is maybe faulty? Please help on this.

Cheers

the board is either faulty or you have a bad power supply since it said about voltage, you may not have enough juice to run your computer. those are my two idea.

You must have something wrong with your rig. I'm assuming you put in your driver disc as soon as you got into windows and let it run right?

I did load the disk initially, but it wanted the wierd usbechi.sys file, then came right for some reason after installing some of the drivers from the website. It is doing some pretty wierd things I haven't seen before. And now that I have everything "good" according to the device manager things aren't good. I should have plenty of power with the iPower coolermaster 600W PSU, so not understanding that. I am leaning toward a bad board yet again from this guy. The first one he gave me was a dead DS3.

Should I just go ahead after the weekend and give it back saying diagnose it and fix it? Or maybe this is a wierd prob with this brand of board although I have heard it to be a great board.

Sorry.. just flamin mad over this. 2600 on a new system with probs left and right..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom