Ghosting question (didnt know where to post it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaynesox

In Runtime
I think my monitor has some ghosting prioblems the its 16ms it I got it awhile ago before I knew too much about it. Ghosting basically look like screen tearing? thats the best way I can desribe it. I notice it while gaming with my 360 hooked up occasionally but not too much but when I watch movies its alot more defined and seems to happen more often

Anyway to test and see if thats what it is? Anyway to possibly fix it? BTW im hooked up through dvi cable would using a vga cable fix anything?

ghosting will look like the part that is in motion go blurry. try moving a window around on the desktop very rapidly to look for ghosting.

16ms can cause ghosting. Screen tearing is more a video card problem and tends to look more jagged. Ghosting is when frames move too quickly for the monitor to keep up and causes the image to be stuck on the screen for a short period of time making everything look blurry. There is no way to fix ghosting other than to try and tweak the refresh settings or buy a new monitor.

AHH ok so its def tearing then, I have a radeon 1900 xt 512 I think? I haven't upgraded since obliviopn but surely that should be good enough to not make the screen tear?

Anything I could possibly do to fix this problem?

It isn't your video card it's your monitor that causes ghosting. The 1900XT is enough to handle Oblivion without tearing.

No no no its not the ghosting thats bothering me , its the screen tearing during dvds and such thats getting to me im looking for a fix to that if their is one

Well video playback barely taxes your computer so it would still most likely be your monitor. When you say tearing are there jagged edges and sometimes off-coloured spots on the screen?

No it looks like a ripple on the screen going horitzontally across from one end to the other, pretty much I dunno exactly how to describe it

I guess that was a bad way to put its like a line going horizontal all the way across from one edge of the screen to the other and it looks out of whack from the rest of the picture

Im watching band of brothers on divx now and its doing it prety frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom