Ghost in my machine, please help!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like someone shouldn't be working as a tech in a repair shop. Anytime a system will randomly blue screen like that, I try to perform diagnostics such as Memtest, and using other bootable media except the OS to pinpoint the issue, what they failed to do, is do full diagnostics and just flat out guessed, which they guessed what would bring them most money.

Well you almost hit the jackpot on that one! :)
Even I failed to read the stop error code that morning, mainly because I was headed to work on a bus.

But this is what slapped his AMD X2 system some abit:
Service Pack 3 Blue Screen (BSoD) -- STOP: 0X000000FC (OXBA5038E8 OX0A446963 XBA503848 0X00000001)

And also all three of us nailed it:
Stop Error Screen (STOP: 0x00000008E ...) why? - TechSpot OpenBoards

CWM just in the near future if you see a error stop message again, get a drink,
google, bing or yahoo the error message and full solution and that should help out.

Also corrisive for future reference for his system would this be advisable ?
Newegg.com - Kingston 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model KVR800D2N6/2G

If his machine can hold a maximum of 4gb why not let him get this later oninstead of doing 2 sticks of 1gb or any mix match prevent futher future memory issues ?

I would honestly get a 2x2GB DDR2 800 kit if I was in his situation, as the other stick could be on the way out, and he would be able to run in dual channel more easily with an actual kit instead of mixing brands/speeds.
Note that he has DDR2 667, and what sounds to me to just be a cheaper brand. I would honestly buy this kit, Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996558

I know he would not be able to fully utilize the full 4GB until he upgraded to a 64bit OS, but it would at least be faster, and be running in dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom