GFX sleepmode

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i put a second card in the machine and that everything was fine... but now the second number in the resolution cannot be 900 or lower (800x600 the 600) or the whole screen goes black and requires a restart to fix it and when you restart windows acts like you just attached the card.

well i put a second card in the machine and that everything was fine... but now the second number in the resolution cannot be 900 or lower (800x600 the 600) or the whole screen goes black and requires a restart to fix it and when you restart windows acts like you just attached the card.

This is good...... Pop the other card into a system and see what happens. Basically we know the psus okay.

Ok well its been a while since last post cause we have been waiting for mail systems and money. So finally I sent the old card back to PNY and they refurbished it. Got the card home and POOF same exact problem again. In the time we have been waiting for the card back I used another PCI-E card i had and it had been working fine (also we have upgraded to a 300w psu, it was all i had laying around).

Still starts up and just stays a back screen. The monitor registers the card is active, but the screen is an "on" black. Does not matter if you plug in DVI or VGA. When we take the card out the on-board works fine, and if we put the 8400 nvidia card back in they work fine. I have not tried the GT210 in another computer (will in morning).

It just still seems the card is in sleep mode and wont wake up. It is just weird it doesn't start up. Guess we will know more in the morning when i try the card in a new machine. Would love any ideas to try in the morning too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom