GFX Shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
Recently at random times my graffix card is shutting off. while playing games a completely random times my screen will shut off and turn yellow, my computer is still running but nothing i do seems to turn back on the screen. Any ideas?

Nvidia 9800GT
Dell Inspiron 530
8g Ram

download a GPU stresstest like 3dmark06 or futuremark (not 3dmark11 because it requires dx11 which your card doesn't support) and run that, see if it happens in that. Also monitor your temps, screenshots of in game temps would be helpful.

yeah that's a fine temp, anything above like 80~90 is where you might wanna start worrying. Is the card overclocked at all?

No over clocking... it is overheating... The exhaust fan I had for my GFX card is shot, its turning on but not turning fast enough to actually draw in air. I think it was blocking flow more than helping. I unhooked it and removed it to open the cabin space more and now i am running back between 54-64. After your reply I double checked and my temp was shooting up to 76. so prolly last night after a few hours it was hitting above 80. So I cleaned all my fans and blew out the whole pc, removed some un-used pci cards and the exhaust fan. Seems ok now. TY for your help.

I will repost if it happens again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom