GFX card switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk97

In Runtime
Ok, I switched an agp Radeon 9200 with a pci Radeon 9250... Problem is the moniter doesn't get a signal from the pci card... I plugged it into the onboard gfx and it works fine... I tried to see if there was a bios setting, but the bios has a freakin password and I can't rember/don't know what it is. :mad: I checked in device manager and nothing comes up... anyone know what the problem is? I'v tried 2 different pci slots, one that was use, and one that wasn't.... the fan on the card is spinning and it's almost no dofferent to the origional card, so what's the problem?

Take out the battery go out for a coffee or something and come back, put the battery back in, the password should have been removed (never tried it though.)

I have tried. Removing the battery is most effective way to remove the BIOS password, but is better to wait about 24 hrs before you put it back.

The problem is that your onboard graphics is taking priority over the PCI card. If you have your motherboard manual, it should tell you where the CMOS reset jumper is. If you cant find it, post you motherboard model so we can try to find it for you.
The jumper should be next to the battery, or very close to it. Move that jumper from pins 1+2 to pins 2+3 for about 5 seconds, then move it back. That should clear your CMOS

Ya, I fixed the bios password problem. It's a freakin' compaq pos.. sigh.. I gave up and went back to the AGP card cause it just didn't seem to work after I changed it to pci... all well... Won't be long untill I have a new comp anyway.

Thanks anyway:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom